CA. #835032
(925) 595-5049
This wire should have been attached to the pipe with a ground clamp.
This outdoor receptacle has been destroyed. It is located in a planter bed next to a stall in a parking lot. It has been knocked over and completely obliterated. It should have been mounted on a 4x4 post  set in concrete.
The corrogated outer sheath of the right hand cable should have been inserted further. The metal tangs that hold this sheath in will cut into the insulation of the conductors, and create a short circuit.
This light fixture should have an outlet box in the wall for it to mount to. The connections where the yellow and blue wire nuts are should not be next to combustible material. This is a fire hazard.
The wires for this under cabinet light are entirely too short. With wires this short it is difficult to make good connections, not to mention the cable connector is on the inside of the fixture when it should be on the outside of the fixture.
This junction box installation is about as bad as it gets. The cables have no strain relief connectors where they enter the box. You can see the insulation in the top left corner has fell off the wire- exposed live wires!
This metallic box is so corroded it is literally disintegrating. It was installed in a car wash. A better idea would have been to use a PVC plastic box, or put this box on the other side of the wall where it would remain dry.
These metallic disconnects are installed inside a carwash. They should have been installed on the other side of the wall where they would not be in an extremely corrosive environment. This is not a code violation necessarily but it might qualify as a practicality violation.
This light should have been supported by two pipes, not just one. It might still be standing had that been done.
This can light was installed with no can for it installed in the ceiling!
This switch box was installed so poorly that it is beyond the comprehension of any legitimate electrician. It is hard to see in this picture but there is another switch box directly behind this one and it has had it's back completely removed to gain power for this switch, with open air connections.
Drywall screws should not be used to mount receptacles. They can ruin the factory hole and render it useless with the manufacturer suggestion of 6/32 machine screws.
This grounding electrode clamp is not fastened to the pipe. This is very bad and is definately a code violation.
This lighting outlet box has no support, and no cover as well. Very poor workmanship indeed. This was discovered when the ceiling was opened up to install a dining room chandelier.
This plastic lighting outlet box was used to support a ceiling fan. A code compliant ceiling fan rated box should have been installed. Any competent electrician would have known this.
The gray oblong thing in the center is called a conduit body. This one was used as a junction box for 10 gauge wires. This is an example of something a competent electrician would never do.
The wires coming out of this cable were left uncapped, and LIVE! This is a disaster in the making.
This receptacle outlet box is not rated for exterior use. It was installed under a deck and therefore should have been a weather proof box, with an in-use (bubble) cover. The box shown here will undoubtedly leak and eventually cause problems.
This GFCI receptacle is wired incorrectly. The black and white wires are each on the incorrect side of the receptacle, not to mention one of them is on the line side and the other is on the load side. At least it does have a ground wire connected to it.
This box is rated for eight 14 gauge wires, and it has twelve 14 gauge wires in it. Boxes with too many wires are prone to having loose connections, and short circuits from pinched wires.
The metal box shown here is rated for three 14 gauge wires, and when you include the GFCI receptacle it has the equivalent of five 14 gauge wires in it.
The poor quality of workmanship shown here rivals that of even the most ignorant buffoons. The yellow wirenut in the lower corner is installed on a white conductor so short that it is barely visible with the wire nut installed.
This ceiling fan was mounted with no outlet box. The 120 volt connectionsat the top were exposed to combustible material. This could be a fire hazard.
This was almost a disaster. The cover mounting screw shown was threaded into the insulation of a very large phase conductor. If it had gone any further there would have been a very large explosion.
The hole for this switch box was cut too large, which unfortunately is very common. The plaster ears, top shiny parts, should rest upon the finished wall. This is amatuer work.
The wires attached to this receptacle are wrapped counter clockwise around the screw which tends to result in loose connections when the screw is turned clockwise to be tightened. Also, ground screw terminals are not rated for more than one conductor.
This electrical power drop from a power pole to a house shows some cracked insulation. This will only get worse. Time to call the utility company and get them to replace it.
This box has 17 cubic inches of volume. All of the wires, and the receptacle together require 33.75 cubic inches of space to be legal. Not to mention the receptacle should be a GFCI receptacle.