CA. #835032
(925) 595-5049
The fitting indicated by the arrow has a removable back side which could never be removed (used) due to it being buried inside the wall. These fittings, 'service entrance elbows' are always installed exposed for this reason. This is beyond stupid.
Someone got really creative when they decided to drill some holes in a gray conduit (large pipe on the left) to install two 'grounding electrode conductors'. This is the kind of stuff that is done by people who THINK they know what they are doing.
This junction box should not have been installed so close to a curb next to a driveway frequented by delivery trucks. Someone obviously drove over the curb and destroyed it. Anything placed next to a driveway becomes an instant bullseye!
This panel has been butchered by installing some receptacles inside of it. Doing this prevented the reinstallation of the dead-front panel, resulting in a major safety issue. Someone could simply open the front door of the panel and stick their hand inside and get shocked. Very creative but stupid.
The building code has limits as to how big of a notch you can make in a 2x4 stud framing member. This probably would not pass an inspection.
This box was destroyed when someone removed the right side of it to install a new cable (indicated by yellow arrow). Electrical boxes have two purposes- to give the receptacle something to mount to, and to contain fires. How well will this one retain fire?
Someone connected copper and aluminum wires together and they corroded causing the wires to get very hot, and melt the wire nut. This was done by a general contractor who should have stuck to his framing!
The junction box at the bottom of the brown post is partially buried. This will cause the box to corrode and eventually crumble to pieces. These boxes should always be kept out of the dirt.
The black round receptacle above the circuit breakers is intended to be used as a generator input point. This is very dangerous as the cord that plugs into it would have 'live' male prongs that would plug into this receptacle. This also could backfeed the electrical grid- NOT COOL!!
The grounding electrode conductor (GEC), as indicated by the top arrow, should have connected to the ground rod at lower arrow. This is at a utility power pole transformer. The grounded conductor (neutral) of the service drop was live! Very dangerous for utility workers.
This return air duct was found during a ceiling fan installation. Who knows how long it was like that?
The black wire was loose on this receptacle and it heated up, causing the plastic to melt. This is known to cause fires and is the result of the installer not making the connection good-n-tight!
This is the incorrect box for this switch. First, it is not for use outdoors. Second it is an extension box meaning it has no back. Electrical connections are not meant to be made next to combustible material- ie: wood trim boards etc.
The box indicated by the yellow arrow is not the correct box for this light installation. It is rated for indoor use only, meaning it is very prone to leaking.
This is a landscape lighting outlet box. It is very unsafe without a cover. The black wire, indicated by the yellow arrow, is LIVE!. Some child could run up to this and stick her hand on the tip of the black wire and get the shock of her life.
Someone drilled a hole through the upright of this truss to install a conduit for some electrical circuits. The steel web, (yellow arrow) indicates this is a 'truss', and not a conventional framing member. Trusses are engineered for a specific load capability and shall NEVER be altered in any way.
Someone used this gutter as a conduit! Unbelievable, as water and electricity are known not to coexist well. The sky is the limit, as far as  stupidity is concerned, when it comes to hiring a handyman to do a trained electricians job.
The large fitting that has a 1/2" conduit entering it's left side is not made (listed) for this type of use. This definitely would not pass an inspection.
This chandelier needs to be hanging from a lighting outlet box. Someone has installed it with 120volt connections next to combustible material (wooden ceiling), not to mention there are live exposed connections on the sides of the porcelain lamp socket.
These cables are supposed to be 'direct burial' cables and 24" deep in the ground. They could be individual conductors in a PVC conduit and buried 18" deep as well. This type of negligence is very dangerous.