CA. #835032
(925) 595-5049
The fitting joining these two pipes together should not be bent like this. The supports for the pipes have come loose causing the pipes to sag. This will get worse if not fixed soon.
These telecom cables should not be laid on the floor of the attic. They should be supported high up on the framing members so people working in the attic don't accidently snag them with their boots and dislodge them on the other end.
The middle breaker here is an incorrect breaker and consequently it does not snap all the way down like the rest of the breakers. Because of this the front cover does not fit correctly, is not secured, and falls out.
The yellow cables should not enter this panel unprotected. They should have been installed using a cable clamp known in the industry as a 'romex connector', or similar cable protection device. The sharp edge of the hole in the panel side could cut into the insulation resulting in a short circuit.
The black wire should not be terminated to this neutral busbar.
These receptacles should be protected by an in-use weather proof cover- aka 'bubble cover'.
This cable burned up due to a faulty circuit breaker, which failed due to its age.
This cable has been chewed by a rat. You can see the tell-tale teeth marks on the white outer insulation.
This is not a correct way to terminate flexible conduit (seen at left) to an exhaust fan thermostat box.
The black wire is wrapped around the terminal screw counter-clockwise. This caused the wire to work its way out from under the screw. Not much is holding it in place. The wire should have been wrapped clockwise around the screw.
The wires coming out of the end of this conduit were found 'live'. This conduit is located on the patio of a senior living center. The yellow wire nuts were put on for safety.
The metal box shown here is an extension box. It has a hollow back and is intended to be mounted on top of another box. It should not be installed on top of any combustible material as that is a fire hazard do to its open back.
This fixture is missing two of its clear plastic side pieces allowing water to get into the bulb socket. This caused some corrosion of the electrical contacts in the socket, and the bulb would not work.
This panel is VERY dangerous. It is missing a 'dead front', which is a metal panel that covers the exposed electrical parts shown here. Someone could just open the panel door and stick their hand in there. Instant law suit!.
The white cable entering the box from the bottom has been hacked. Someone didn't want to do any drywall repair so they merely drilled the bottom of the plaster ring to gain entry to the box. The sharp edges where they drilled can cut into the cable insulation and create a short circuit.
This junction box is buried in the wall with no way for anyone to open it up to tighten a connection. The customer paid dearly for this- electrician cost, drywall repair, painting- just so some idiot could make a few more bucks! Pathetic.
The silver rectangle is the top of an electrical junction box, buried in the dirt. This will cause the box to become corroded, and will eventually disintegrate into pieces.
This box has EMT (electrical metallic tubing) coming up from the ground on the left side. EMT should never be put into the ground without some supplementary corrosion protection. This EMT conduit will rust away in a very short time. Not to mention the cover plate is secured incorrectly.
This is an icicle coming from a refrigeration unit on the roof. This is really odd as it is in a very hot attic space.
The switch and receptacle shown here are wired entirely incorrectly. It was like this for 30 years before it was noticed and repaired.
The drywall shown here was cut poorly. It should be tight to the top just like it is to the sides of the metal box.
This plug was in a sump pump well. Moisture will cause the metallic parts inside the plug to rust/corrode. This plug melted due to it heating up from the corrosion.  The pump should have a cord long enough to reach a receptacle located outside of the well.
This customer had some remodeling work done by an imposter! They removed a wall and the conductors that were being used for receptacles and switches were merely thrown up into the ceiling cavity. There should have been a junction box installed somewhere to contain the connections. Very poor work!!
Someone punched a hole in the bottom of this conduit to pull out a cable. This creates a sharp edge which could damage the cable when being pulled out, or could damage other cables being pulled in that conduit in the future.
This 4-gang switch box was pulled from out from the wall after a customer complained that her switches were not fitting tightly up against the wall. Some hack of an electrician used an incorrect box (fourth one on the right) to add an additional switch. New correct boxes were installed.
When aluminum and copper wires are connected together they corrode and cause poor connections. These poor connections create heat which causes insulation to melt, and circuits to trip. Not to mention it is a major fire hazard. Only inexperienced people posing as electricians do this kind of work.
The pipe on the top right side of this panel should have come into the top left side of the panel- it is the utility power. The pipe on the bottom is disconnected. There are individual conductors at the bottom right side- should have been a cable instead. Another fine example of poor quality work.
This is the same panel as in the picture to the left. You can see the utility power coming into the customer side of the panel. It should have come into the left side of the panel where the meter is.