CA. #835032
(925) 595-5049
This busbar burned and melted because of a loose fitting circuit breaker. It got so hot that it melted the plastic holding it in. It was more than likely an incorrect brand of circuit breaker.
This breaker was intentionally damaged so it would fit. The two verticle grooves had restrictive devices removed by prying them out. These grooves were half as long when new. It is a 'quad' breaker with two 240 volt circuits on it. This panel was not designed for this breaker.
The gray boxes that are installed partially in the gutter are not suitable for submersion in water. Probably not the best idea.
This junction box has too many wires in it. The N.E.C. rates this box for ten #14 gauge wires and it has twenty-one #14 gauge wires in it. Obviously this was not done by a qualified electrician.
The yellow cable is a non metallic cable and is exposed. This cable should be a metallic cable like MC type cable. Non metallic cable is normally installed inside of the walls and not in exposed locations. Any experienced electrician would know not to install non-metallic cables in this fashion.
This picture shows two receptacle outlets at different heights. A quality kitchen remodel will not have this because the electrician and tile installer will both use a laser level line to work from. This obviously did not happen here.
The white cable entering this box needs a cable clamp to secure it to the box. In theory, the sharp edges of the factory knockout could cut into the conductors and cause a dangerous situation.
This is showing a Seimens brand circuit breaker in a General Electric panel. Circuit breakers should always be the same brand as the panel itself.
This picture gives new definition to the term 'jerry rigged'. This blue box is rated for non-metallic cable only. You can see there is a conduit feeding the wires to this ungrounded receptacle along with splices in open air behind the blue box. The conduit should attach to a metal box.
This meter combo is not EUSERC approved which will be a problem with some utilities. When the customer has this inspected it more than likely will fail the inspection. Some power providers require EUSERC meter panels. Check  before installing.
This rain tight cover should not have a hole on the top-hence the name rain tight. These ground wires should have been routed around to the bottom for entry there.
The yellow cables should be at least six feet from the side of the attic scuttle hole in all directions if installed this way. Code allows exceptions to this, but they are labor intensive.
The bonding strap on the right side about halfway down should not have been installed. An equipment grounding conductor should have been ran from the ground bus on the left to the meter outside. This is a code violation.
This is the incorrect box to use here. It should have been what is called an extension ring. The sharp edges of the round hole can cut into the wire's insulation and short out.
The round fitting with a set screw is not suitable for use outdoors- it is not rain tight. It will leak water into the conduit carrying the circuit conductors. Once again- done by an amatuer.
This kitchen island receptacle should have been GFCI protected, but the box is too small for a GFCI receptacle. Also, the non-metallic cable is exposed inside the cabinet. This kitchen was recently remodeled without a permit or inspection.
This wire came loose due to it being wrapped counter-clockwise around the screw. If installed clockwise it will tighten up when the screw is tightened versus work it's way out.
This junction box is full of cellulous (shredded paper) insulation. This box should have had a cover on it to contain any potential sparks.
This fan motor is not wired correctly. The incorrect cable was used, and the individual conductors should have the white outer insulation on them where they enter the motor housing. These wires could get pinched.
This light fixture is mounted upside down because the lighting outlet box in the wall was placed high so that a light fixture which points down could be placed there. The manufacturer of this light did not intend for it to be weather (water) tight in an upside down position.
This junction box should not have been buried in the wall. Code mandates that all junction boxes are made accesible so the connections inside them can be reached in the event they need to be tightened.
This box has five code violations. It has too many wires in it, it is not bonded to the ground wire, no cable connectors on the left side, the use of a single red conductor, it was buried in the wall (not accessible).
This switch has neutral wires hooked up to it. Only the hot wires (blacks and other colors) should be switched.
The connections with the orange wire nuts should have been made inside the fan termination compartment, not outside of the fan. This is a fire hazard. Also, the installer created his own cable by wrapping three individual conductors with black electrical tape. He should have used a romex type cable.
This junction box should have a cover on it to contain sparks if the connections become loose. This is a potential fire hazard.
This box was installed so poorly that it would come out of the wall when
someone tried to unplug the dryer. The customer had to pay twice to get this
done properly.
This connection should have been inside of a junction box. This is a
fire hazard.
The wires in the top right corner were cut entirely too short. They should be a minimum of six inches long. This makes it difficult to create a reliable
termination and could lead to costly repairs.